Featuring food and wine from Trivet Restaurant by Jonny Lake and Isa Bal
On Saturday, November 28th, we will host a Canada Club @ Home dinner, featuring food prepared by Jonny Lake (former head chef of the Fat Duck) and wine selected by Isa Bal (former head sommelier of the Fat Duck). Jonny and Isa are also the founders of London’s Trivet Restaurant (www.trivetrestaurant.co.uk).
Registration is now closed.
About Jonny Lake
Jonny started cooking by volunteering at the meals-on-wheels charity, Santropol Roulant in Montréal, Quebec while earning a university degree in physics and biology. His increasing love of cooking and feeding others led him to the decision to pursue a career as a chef, training at the Institut de Tourisme et d’Hôtellerie du Québec. This was followed by a move to Italy where he worked at the Michelin starred A Spurcacciun–a and Quintilio, both in Liguria, as well as for the legendary Italian chef, Gualtiero Marchesi at L’Albereta in Lombardy. Jonny moved to the UK in 2005 to join The Fat Duck and became Head Chef in 2009 and was subsequently made Executive Head Chef of The Fat Duck Group. He departed the restaurant in 2018 to pursue personal projects and collaborate on Trivet with Isa Bal.
About Isa Bal
Isa began his career in the hospitality industry more than twenty years ago as a commis sommelier at The Vineyard at Stockcross near Newbury. He is now recognised as one of the world’s leading sommeliers, having won the highly regarded title of Best Sommelier of Europe in 2008. Having worked as Head Sommelier for The Fat Duck Group for more than twelve years, Isa worked closely with the kitchen team, pioneering new ways to pair food and drinks, showing highly inventive and exciting combinations. Isa passed his Master Sommelier exams in 2009 and is a respected member of the international sommeliers community.
Dinner is priced at £85 for two portions. Delivery (UK only) at £7-50 per order.
- Trivet Tagliolini, cooked in a rich mushroom and Madeira stock, with maitake mushroom and sea purslane (to be re-heated at home)
- Tourtière, with mashed potato, braised cavolo nero and corn relish (to be re-heated at home)
- Rum baba, bergamot ganache and miyagawa satsuma
- Butter tarts
A vegetarian menu option is available but unfortunately we are unable to accommodate further dietary requirements.
Your meal will arrive at your home in an insulated package on Saturday, November 28. All food will be pre-prepared, to be re-heated and plated at the time that suits you best.
At Trivet, Isa has created an extensive chronological wine list of over 350 wines acknowledging the root of viti-viniculture, including wines from classic wine producing countries such as Italy and France as well as wines from Georgia, Armenia and Turkey. Isa has prepared a special selection of these wines for the Canada Club @ Home dinner. His top recommendations for each course are as follows:
- Crystallum, Clay Shales, Chardonnay, Hemel-en-Aarde, South Africa 2019 (£34)
- Cullen, Kevin John Chardonnay, Margaret River, Western Australia 2017 (£88)
Main course pairings:
- By Far, Sangreal Pinot Noir, Geelong, Victoria, Australia 2017 (£62)
- Buyulubag, Cabernet Sauvignon, Avsa Island, Marmara, Turkey 2012 (£22)
- Inniskillin, Riesling Ice Wine, Niagara, Ontario, Canada 2018 (Half Bottle - £65)
- Mount Horrocks, Cordon Cut Riesling, Clare Valley, South Australia 2018 (Half Bottle - £35)
Tasting notes for these wines (and others) can be viewed here and ordered with your registration.
Join our virtual Q&A session with Jonny and Isa at 5 p.m. Jonny and Isa will talk about their time at the Fat Duck, their plans for Trivet, and the food and wine they have chosen for our event.